Who We Are
Restore Mobility for the Blind is a 501c3 non-profit charity that provides high quality and affordable transportation for residents of York County, South Carolina that are:
- Visually Impaired
- Adults with Disabilities
- Seniors citizens who are at least 50 years old
For a nominal fee, we provide arm through arm, door through door transportation to essential locations. Including:
- Doctor appointments
- Shopping centers
- Other essential locations
Our number one goal is to help people with disabilities live a productive life. With the help of volunteers and donations from the community, we hope to eradicate the shortage of transportation for those with disabilities. Please join us in our mission to give independence back to those who face challenges every day.
- Most of us will outlive our ability to drive by 7 to 10 years?
- Lack of accessible transportation is one of the most significant barriers to employment for persons with disabilities.
- Transportation is ranked as one of the highest unmet needs of the Blind, Visually Impaired, and Disabled Seniors in York County according to The Commission For The Blind, Clover Area Assistance Center, and other agencies.